akpop3d is a POP3 daemon aimed to be small and secure. Despite its small size, it offers a lot of features. It is completely RFC 1939 compliant.
- 2004-02-16: akpop3d 0.7.7 released.
- 2003-04-07: akpop3d 0.7.4 released.
- 2003-04-04: akpop3d 0.7.3 released.
- 2002-09-25: akpop3d 0.7.2 released.
- 2002-09-15: akpop3d 0.7.1 released.
- 2002-04-13: akpop3d 0.7 released.
- 2002-03-22: akpop3d 0.6 is now available.
- 2002-01-06: akpop3d 0.5 is available.
- 2002-01-04: akpop3d 0.4 released.
- Runs stand-alone.
- Less than 2200 LOC:
- very small and compact, easy to modify
- statistically seen, less bugs than other software with the same functionality
- IPv6 ready (currently untested)
- No root exploits possible: the server only runs as root during authentication and the authentication routines are designed to be secure.
- All temporary files are created securely.
- Allows POP3-over-SSL (based on OpenSSL): secure POP3 sessions are possible through this feature, which is supported by most of the common MUAs.
akpop3d is licensed to you after the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2.
- Version 0.7.7: akpop3d-0.7.7.tar.bz2 – signature
- Versions 0.7.6 and 0.7.5 are lost (or at least its digital signatures)
- Version 0.7.4: akpop3d-0.7.4.tar.bz2 – signature
- Version 0.7.3: akpop3d-0.7.3.tar.bz2 – signature
- Version 0.7.2: akpop3d-0.7.2.tar.bz2 – signature
- Version 0.7.1: akpop3d-0.7.1.tar.bz2 – signature
- Version 0.7: akpop3d-0.7.tar.bz2 – signature
- Version 0.6: akpop3d-0.6.tar.bz2 – signature
- Version 0.5: akpop3d-0.5.tar.bz2 – signature
- Version 0.4: akpop3d-0.4.tar.bz2 – signature